Saturday, October 30, 2010

Puddle Splashing

I hate rainy, humid, warm weather. I grew up in desert, and the nasty frizz inducing damp fall humidity (with high 70s temp) just drives me nuts. Here was my attempt to cope.


Sweater: Banana Republic
Button down: J Crew
Shorts: Anthropologie
Tights: Gap
Boots: Hunter
Watch: Target

I don't like wearing skirts with rain boots because I feel like the skirt is too formal, or trying to hard. Stuffing jeans into rain boots is too hot in this awful weather. Solution? Shorts and knit tights. I have actually never tried the tights with shorts thing before. I had no idea how comfortable it is! Plus I feel a little bit like a pre-schooler, which is always fun. It's not something I plan on rocking all the time, but I thought it worked alright with the high waisted dark denim.





I majorly struggled in my attempts to get a decent picture of this necklace. I got it from a jeweler in Boulder, it has a little pearl and a tiny heart with S's initials on it. It's a little cheesey, but I love it.

1 comment:

  1. I hate that kind of weather too... one minute outside for a run and my hair is 2-3 times the size it was when I left. I applaud your effort to deal with the weather and still look cute.

    ReplyDelete