Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Best Place on Earth

I went to Denver for six days for my Fall break. I used to live there, and my boyfriend and brother still do. I absolutely love Denver and had a fantastic weekend.

I wore this out to dinner. I picked up the sweater from a consignment shop in Georgetown, Second Time Around. The gold sequins make me so happy! I love the idea of thrifting/consignment, there is something so romantic about breathing new life into forgotten clothes. Although in reality I don't have the patience, and the musty smell gets to me. Second Time Around is an exception, it has some great designers and you don't have to do too much digging.

Sweater-thrifted
Silk tank-Nordstrom
Jeans-James
Pumps-Zara
Bag-Foley and Corina
Ring-Rachel Roy


Every time I go "home" (aka Denver) S and I go to Stuebens. On the way home at the airport, I made him stop there so I get could one of their killing strawberry shakes. Stueben's is a modern take on traditional diner food. It is wonderfully updated and hip without being kitschy or too greasy.







They give you these awesomely vintage signs while you wait. Then you hear, "Kevin Bacon, party of 2?"







We went to brunch when I was feeling a bit... let's say sleepy. They fly in H&H bagels from NYC, and have fantastic lox. It's a great cure for whatever ales you, as is their banana bread french toast.


Sweater: Banana Republic
Dress: Asos
Boots: Frye
Headband: JCrew
Sunglasses: Ray Ban
Purse: Cole Haan

(Still angry that Target made knock offs of these boots after I invested)

Glasses: Oliver People
Scarf: Ralph Lauren
Jacket: JCrew
Sweater: Zara
Button down: JCrew
Jeans: James
Boots: Frye

My friends from college, J and S, had a dinner party while I was in town. S made prosciutto wrapped chicken stuffed with goat cheese and figs and hand-made rosemary thyme pasta. J made tempura squash. My salad was very outdone by their culinary skill. Someone even made homemade baklava!

Now I am back in DC, back to the grindstone. I ran the Army ten miler this morning actually, it was a beautiful morning for a run!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had fun in Denver! I too lack the patience and lack of olfactory senses necessary for thrifting. I'm jealous that you found a place that doesn't require either!

    ReplyDelete