Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Sometimes you're the windshield, and sometimes you're the bug.


Today was not my day. Fortunately I have great friends, a boyfriend who listens to me forever, and a very kind and forgiving manager.

This picture is a result of me being a rush, I'm sorry I will find a better place to take pictures. The weather was 90 degrees in DC today, but our classrooms hover slightly above freezing. Makes dressing difficult, and a little schizophrenic.




Scarf: JCrew
Dress: JCrew
Belt: Target
Jacket: Anthropologie






I made an attempt to get a more up close picture. The necklace has my name on it, it's the same style as the one that SJP wore on Sex and the City that said 'Carrie'. I feel like the S&tC hysteria is over enough that I can wear it again. (In my defense, my mom bought this for me when I was a kid, way before SJP was anyone besides the gawky girl on Footloose.)







I bought these shoes last week and I have been wearing them non-stop. The are super comfortable, and not the ballet flats that everyone has been wearing (including me) for the past five years that I am sick of. Plus, I can't wear flip flops to class (I'm not an undergrad...) so these are a great alternative. They are just Steve Madden, nothing fancy, but I love them.
My manager invited me to a black tie fundraiser event tomorrow night! It's at the Four Season's in Georgetown, I can't wait! I'll post the outfit tomorrow.






2 comments:

  1. Your shoes make me jealous that somehow I cannot find a pair of those that fit. Very jealous.

    Hope your day has gotten better (or at least tomorrow is better)!

    Also... I am totally going to comment on every post. That won't be annoying at all, right?

    ReplyDelete